Sunday 1 March 2015

Life Lessons With Pharrell


I make no excuses about the fact that despite having a higher education in Film & Television, and believing myself to be a fairly intelligent person with upstanding taste, I LOVE The Voice. Specifically, I love the words and feelings and declarations that Pharrell Williams takes from inside himself and moves them out into the world. It's a fancy way of saying, I fucking love how that man talks. If I could have a spirit animal for being able to speak with conviction and feeling and eloquence, he would be it. And although his hats are fantastic, Lapo Elkann is already my fashion spirit animal. Sorry, Pharrell, I guess you can't win them all.

P.W., that'll be the nickname I'll use just between us, you are a beautiful, fearless eagle soaring above us, compelling us to look upwards and outwards and see beyond ourselves. When you tell people to take what's inside themselves and tell their story through their voice and through their movements, I feel you. 

If there's one thing that hooks me right away, every time, is when someone or something makes me really feel something. Those are the people and things I seek out, because they're taking a risk. They're willing to open themselves up and let you feel what they feel and see their hearts, and that's rare. But it's such a gift! It's such a special and beautiful moment to connect to someone's soul and feel their story. I want big emotion! I want big risk! Be a big fucking sensitive soul and speak to the depth of what's possible when you move with conviction and intention and purpose! You might trip and fall right on your face in the most embarrassing way possible; the beauty is in trying anyway. 

Live like Pharrell: Don't over-think, over-feel. See what happens when you surrender to the moment? Also, get a great hat. You will always look cool with a great hat.



No comments:

Post a Comment