Sunday 12 June 2016

Letters To Angie: Redacted Hotel

Angie,

You hussy.

Hahahahaha! What you wrote made me laugh out loud.

Redacted Hotel is going well! I just did a practical exam. I was pretty nervous! I think I did okay though. We'll see. 

Also, I kind of miss you. I guess? I don't know, I sort of forgot what you look like to be honest. Hahaha! JUST KIDDING!

Oh god do I miss you. When the wind blows, it gently whispers your name, and a single tear rolls down my cheek, reminding me of the ocean (okay, strait) that keeps us apart. I feel the weight of that tear on my skin, and it recalls the existential lament of the ethereal memory of my love disconnected from your presence. My soul is heavy with longing. Angie, my dearest Angie! Wherefore art thou?!? I know the answer is probably: at home or at the spa, but play along, damn it.

Anyway. It is pretty boring. I wake up every morning at 6:15am, put my alarm on snooze until roughly 6:26am, and then go for a run. Realistically, it's more of a light jog. Probably more accurately, something just slightly above a jaunty walk. Picture the way really old people run who might have gout and a hip replacement and are only running because they got lost and are delirious and probably only have another 3-5 months to live. That is how I run. I do that for 20 gruelling minutes, and then I shower, get dressed, go to breakfast, and then we train until 4pm. After that I read my emails in my room, eat some snacks I probably shouldn't, go for another "run" along the river, go for dinner, go back to my room and study while watching The Bachelor, and then pick out my outfit/shoes and sock combination for the next day. Rinse and repeat for 3 weeks, and that is my world. I attempted to go on Tinder, mostly for entertainment value, but I promptly turned it back off after getting a message that read, "I bet you take it real good up the ass." That same guy also had 4/5 of his pictures of him doing squats at the gym, so maybe this shouldn't have been a surprise. In any case, that was enough to scare me away. Non merci indeed!

Okie dokie, it's almost lunch time so I'm going to head out. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that pasta is probably on the menu. They serve pasta every fucking day. I'm getting pretty goddamn tired of variations of penne with sauce. But they do have pie. Dean would be in heaven.

Love,
Natalie
xoxoxoxooo 

No comments:

Post a Comment